For us a day without creativity in whatever form it appears is a day without a smile. We love to paint. We paint to live.
Sharing our creativity we write, we demonstrate, we teach. Smile with us.
Welcome to Moor to Sea arts!
KINGSBRIDGE CLASS MEMBERS: IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR MONDAY 19TH MARCH 2018
Unfortunately, due to the inclement weather, both todays classes are cancelled.
Please email to email@example.com to confirm that you have read the message; if we know that you know this will give us more time to phone people before they leave home.
Painting Flowers - a creative approach
" Painting flowers is a joyful experience - to capture and celebrate the colour, form and beauty of flowers in watercolour is an endlessly exciting pursuit. This book encourages you to experiment and play when you paint, to enjoy the process of creating a painting, and to develop your own style as you observe and render either a single stem or a full floral abstract. By moving away from the tight constraints of botanical illustration, it encourages a looser style of floral painting that allows for a more personal and unique interpretation of the subject. Written by a much-respected artist and teacher, this beautiful book will inspire both those new to painting and those seeking a different approach. "
For more details and to buy click here.
Painting Rivers - from source to sea
'' Rivers can be enchanting or exciting, but are always absorbing. They provide a myriad of painting opportunities and challenges for the artist. Focussing on watercolour- one of the most direct of mediums- this practical book explains how to paint a river and capture its life, light, movement, colour and interest.
With over 200 images, Rob Dudley shares his methods, techniques, and ideas to make this beautiful book a must-have for all landscape and en plein air artists.
- He explains each stage of a painting: inspiration and focus, sketching and information gathering, planning and painting.
- Advises on how to paint water so that it captures the colour, shape and tone of light and reflections.
- Finished paintings, examples and step-by-step sequences are used throughout to support the detailed instruction.''
For more details and to buy click here.
from OUR portfolios...
LEARN WITH US
We enjoy teaching. It genuinely gives us great pleasure when we help people to achieve more than they had thought themselves capable of, and to share in their delight. Whatever you perceive your standard of painting to be, we are confident that we can help you to get more from your watercolour painting. Whether you are a complete beginner, looking to improve your skills or re-discover your confidence we aim to give you the resources you need.
We hope you have a very creative 2018!
If you need some inspiration, have you considered...
- A term of watercolour classes with us in Ivybridge or Kingsbridge. Classes can be a real incentive to try something new, or to find the courage to fulfil a longing to paint.
- One of our art courses at Flatford Mill or Slapton Ley. A short art break can be very inspiring!
- An art holiday? In 208 Siân is heading back to Mairena in Spain, this time with a few days spent in granada and a visit to the Alhambra.
- An art book? We have some excellent suggestions on our Books page.
- Refreshing the artwork in your home? An original painting can be a beautiful addition to your home; have a look through our galleries. Or for a very personal piece of artwork consider commissioning a painting, giving you opportunity to suggest the subject matter, and decide on your budget. If you like this idea and would like to discuss it, please contact us.
Rob and Siân Dudley are popular and experienced artists, demonstrators, tutors and writers, with a passion for watercolour painting. They have been living, painting, teaching and exhibiting in Devon for over 20 years. are both enthusiastic in sharing their love of watercolours with others. As well as exhibiting and selling their work, they are qualified, experienced tutors and demonstrators, keen to share all the tips, tricks and techniques they know. Look out for their videos on ArtTutor.com and their articles in the Artists and Illustrators magazine.